Linux Android Gets BIGGER’
Updated Since 02/22/12
After the ‘Dream’ Virus attacked and attached itself to the Android Market a couple of years ago & Googles formal apology, New Apps have paved the way for Droids success, rivaling Apples iPhone with similar processor speeds.
With all of Googles ups & downs, Success doesn’t come easy with applications that can be quirky, slow, sluggish & seem cumbersome, users are taking them on with a renewed flavor, fervor & approach to dealing with deadbeat apps.
Once upon a time, the Android Market was thought to be a cornucopia of Apps for anyone, now has become a wasteland for consumers, webinars, executives, secretaries & just about every geek techie you can think of.
With broken down apps that come with their own style, pizzazz & a way of doing things, newcomers don’t even recognize or even acknowledge that these apps are rubbish.
Reviews of these apps even come with their own dictionary like, ‘Garb’ (useless app that isn’t necessary), ‘Pusher’ (air push or other ads that hinder the performance of app/apps or droid system), ‘Perv’ (advert, advertisement or app/apps that are a link to a web site), ‘Personals’ (your personal information &/or images are accessed by app), ‘High/Risk or Risky’ aka ‘Illegals’ (developer or owner of app is accessing your phone, internet, services, photos &/or personals), ‘Used?’ (unsuspected app is used by droid system &/or apps), ‘Awol’ (app is constantly & continuously tasking that may or may not be using small or huge amounts of data unnecessarily) & all sorts of other lingo, the consumer would rather pass on or do without.
It also is very easy for most reviewers, whether they are amateur or professional to leave a one star rating out of five with a tag like, ‘Doesn’t Work’, ‘It Sucks’, ‘Gross & Ugly Retro Bull’, ‘It took off like a Snail’ or ‘Completely Useless’. Some reviewers even give their own words of advice or words to the wise like, ‘Don’t Download’, ‘Not It’ or ‘Trust me, A Complete Waste of Time, I’m uninstalling’.
It seems to most Pros that good apps are far & few in between & can be very frustrating and time consuming for people on the go. ‘Just looking for one particular app & one that really does the job or simply, just works is like looking for a needle in a haystack, whereas Apple has weeded them out forever and a day’, according to one new droid owner, ‘It just seems unfair to the Droid owner we have to wade through the quagmire to get to the good stuff. When is Google going to do that for us’.
Some even call it, ‘Scammers Paradise’ for data & information about automobiles we own, the brand of phones we own, the credit cards we use, where we live, our personals, and oh my goodness, ‘God knows what all.’
There are apps that claim to perform, claim to be superior, claim to connect, claim to give you money, claim to give you an income, in fact there are apps that claim to do just about anything.
'It was a challenge', said Roger King of RKCI (rekci), from Phoenix, Arizona (home to Amazon), the Microsoft Windows Software Company that keeps Windows 98 (95) to Present running & happy. RKCI has Windows keys with All major manufacturers including IBM, Mac, ASUS & HP.
King was a part of the ‘Control Group’ that came up with what should be on what we now call, PCs or Personal Computers, that included Digital Cameras & Tablets, in the 70s.
He also has been the Chief Mediator of ‘Free Enterprise’ law or rules at its conception & is one of the first Consultants that had worked on OS Net for what was conceived as the World Wide Web or what we now call, the Internet in the 80s, where he first met with Bill Gates in the office he worked in, in High School. King was working on an IBM Office computer.
King, born in So-Cal, also is the current President of USFIGOA (Baltimore), that runs the revamped UNTS (untouchables) of the United States (Los Angeles) & the International Organization, the United Empire (Las Vegas), mostly from the road on a semi.
King received a Samsung Galaxy Nexus as a gift last Christmas, kept track of what’s good, what’s not so good and what is installed, & is backed up on Googles Servers, Sprint & Several other Apps. This particular droid is a Google Android OS & as he says, ‘It has its moments’.
Most experts agree that since the ‘Dream’ Virus & Googles public apology, Android has come a long way in the Markets. Apps for Security are in abundance, however as apps go, there are good ones & bad ones. ‘It can be difficult finding the right security for your android phone.’
King has put several necessities onto his Nexus that protects your handheld droid:
* You most definitely need an ‘Air push Detector’, that does exactly what the name means, Detects apps that use air push notifications and advertising in the apps you have chosen, in one click. Don’t worry about an app that you like having the Air Push ‘Virus’ (app with ads hindering performance of OS). Just keep track of what apps you uninstall & hunt up a new one. There are tons of them & you will find something comparable. To many air push ads can be very annoying if the notification is a sound or vibration alert. Rtwo-Dtwo will constantly be going off. Uninstall the Air Push Detector when you are comfortable with the outcome.
* You then need to download ‘Trust Go’s Ad Detector’ to opt out manually to the large advertising networks. First, run the scanner. If any of your apps have more than one advertisement, uninstall the apps & replace with new comparable apps. The remaining apps with one advertisement have a network that needs told by you to not come by your droid. Just click on your browser, type the name of the ad network and add the tag ‘opt out’ to the search box (ie. “lead bolt opt out”), click on their opt out propaganda page, then follow the instructions on the advertisers page. The majors will ask you for your Droids identification. You may need to install a ‘Droid ID’ app for the required information. Once you have canned all of the ad networks, uninstall the ‘Droid ID’ app.
Afterwards, download Denper’s ‘Add Ons Detector’. Some apps will add more advertising after the app has been installed on your Droid awhile, for insrance, the app adds advertisements after an update, like a Trojan Horse on your Windows PC. The thing to remember here is, if the app has more than two ads listed in the detector, the app is a con & it should be uninstalled. Get a new comparable app for replacement.
* You also need a cleaner for your droid. This keeps the lines of communications free from debris & all those diodes from getting plugged up. The cleaner takes care of cleaning your: History, Privacy, Tasks & App Manager. The droids cache being cleaned will alleviate the devices pressure to keep 500 apps running simultaneously while residual files left behind by uninstalled apps need deleted. Search tracks cleaned keep the internet running at optimum performance. Running apps or tasks running that are unecessary are shut down & you have a backup of the apps you have installed. You can clean or delete apk’s as well that are not necessary in order to keep your droid running. All of this sounds complicated however there are only a couple of buttons in these apps.
* Third, you need a security manager like, ‘Trust Go Security’ that takes care of scanning your apps for ‘Risky’, unscrupulous applications that need to be kept track of & uninstalled. Can everything in the ‘Risk’ category and get a new comparable app on Google Play. There is always a new one, so don’t worry about crashing any apps permanently. The security scanner is one click that also includes a 2nd System Manager that doesn’t interfere with your Droid OS. I don’t ever use the system manager but its handy to check your settings. The app includes a Privacy Guard button, another quick check for ‘Risky Privacy Concerns’, that clues you in when there is an app installed that is ‘Risky’. You then can scan your entire system at a later time. There is a Data Backup button, a Secure Web Browsing switch & the app comes with Real Time Security Protection that gives you the option to uninstall a ‘Risky’ app that you are installing. This app has four buttons & two switches. Pretty darn easy.
If you need a list of apps installed on your droid as a backup? Install ‘App List’ and ‘Jorte Backup’. Use the apos as instructed, look up the file in ‘File Manager’ then share the file to your ‘Dropbox’ & ‘Drive’. When you need the backup files, save the files to your new SD.
* The final thing-a-ma-bob you need is the ‘Android AntiVirus’ panic button from Android Antivirus. This scans your system for the ‘Dream Virus’ & other viruses that causes the robot to be unstable or warblely. In other words, Everything doesn’t feel comfortable. Things are sticky & not running smoothly. Its like an invisible anchor is holding onto the keyboards, the little icons, the little app windows and man is it being a pain. Its most definitely a bad day and you can’t get a thing accomplished. The insect Warbles are inside messing with everything & if that anchor the warbles are using is yanked on hard enough, everything will vanish.
* ‘Always remind yourself, & Google, that you are the boss of your droid.’ If you are not using Google Apps packaged with android, disable them. Don’t worry about Google hating you for disabling their apps. In fact, Google will ‘Thank you’ for it. They only have 10 billion subscribers, so why waste the data on what you are not using. If you want for example, ‘Google Play Magazines’ or ‘Google Shopping’ later on, you can always go back to your settings menu & enable those apps. Since Google Apps that came with your droid cannot be uninstalled.
* If you are worried about data, download Trend Micro’s ‘Mobile Security’ & uninstall all of the apps & internet links the scanner flags as a ‘data pig’ or a ‘risk’. Follow the same protocol King mentioned in the ladder of this article, write down the apps you are uninstalling and click on Google Play when finished to get a new comparable app that you need or like. If you don’t you can run into a nightmare later on when you are trying to remember what you uninstalled. You can also go to Google Play in ‘My Apps’ under the tab, ‘All’, to see what you threw out. Delete the apps you have uninstalled on Google Plays list for backup purposes, that way you aren’t spinning your wheels and reinstalling what you threw out, if you lose your phone or it crashes. You have a clean list to work with. When you are comfortable about your data use, you need to uninstall Trend Micro if you are running ‘Trust Go Security’.
Another Data Trick, keep a log of all apps that update through Google Play. Apps that need updated constantly, throw out and get something comparable to what you are uninstalling. Eventually you will save money by logging your updates. Always manually install updates, daily, weekly or monthly. Auto updates from Google Play run in the background everytime there is an update causing the Droid to be slow and uses more data.
Go to your Droid ‘settings’ and uncheck every last ‘notification’ under the ‘Apps’ tab. Leaving only what you need checked like, phone calls, text messaging, and email notifications. This will tremendously speed up your droid & use less data. If you find an app that doesn’t work without the notifier, leave the notification icon checkmarked for this app or uninstall & find a comparable app on Google Plays market.
Try, ‘No Root Firewall’ to curb Piracy on your device &/or Turn Off Roaming, Background Data, Internet & WiFi in your phones settings. This works just like a firewall, just don’t forget to enable them when you want to use the internet. If in town, turn off your Roaming. There is a lot of digital data piracy associated with roaming.
There is also a ‘Mobile Data Control Widget’ that works as a switch to turn on/off, all of your data: 3G, Wifi, Roaming, etc. all with one touch. The widget is from Carrion Crow.
If you find a download from the Google Play store or internet to be slow, stop the download, then restart. The download will be 25% faster when restarted, which will save on data charges.
* If you are unable to scroll through your widgets, check your VPN Carrier & Google Play settings. You may have elected to manipulate widgets the wrong way. After checking these settings, and you are still having trouble, you may have picked up a viral widget or data pig widget that is hampering your efforts. Use the viral programs to find it & manually uninstall or uninstall widgets untill you can scroll through the list. It seems tedious but worth it in the long run. A frequent con of widgets is having to many clocks. Find a package deal of clocks in order to only have a couple of clock widgets.
* Most games & casinos on the Android Market should be avoided. They take one to five hours to download, are full of advertising, have viruses that are harmful, have in game purchasing for schmucks and use a huge amount of data.
* Windows Sync
Android will sync to Windows if you are needing documents for travel. ‘Kingsoft Office, Olive Office & Adobe PDF’ are required on your Droid for Windows documents to open. Other Office apps are included with RKing’s Diamond Droid for full functionality.
The only issue I found was on an older PC without a ‘PDF Viewer or Adobe Reader’. Older Windows PC’s have ‘Adobe Acrobat’ & not ‘Reader’. If you don’t have the internet on your PC, look for ‘Foxit Reader’ on the internet on your Droid, download the .exe file onto your Droid & drag n drop to your PC, then install the program on your PC. Delete the .exe file on your droid when you are finished.
If you have a lot of eBooks or Newsprint Publications, you may also want to download ‘FB Reader’.exe for Windows by following the same instructions above. This will allow you to read all of your publications on your big screen PC monitor, free up space on your Droid, and save them for future reference & study. This also installs the ‘epub’ file to your computer giving you more options with pdf files.
Adobe will not install to your PC without an internet connection.
Everything on your Droid can be transfered to your PC using drag n drop. If you have internet on both Droid & your PC you can use your cloud services, ‘Drive’ & ‘Dropbox’ or Microsoft’s ‘Sky Drive’.
You can transfer Media & Photos from your PC or Storage Drives to your Android.
Doc’s & PDF’s transfered from your PC or Storage Drives to your Droid are through your VPN (sprint) or ‘Documents To Go’ by Dataviz (buy to get rid of extra ad), ‘Andropen Office’ by Open Office & ‘Office Mobile’ by Microsoft on the Google Play Market. There are fees associated with some Office apps. Once you have a service your USB notification adds a ‘Doc’[ument] checkmark, and your good to drag n drop docs to your droid.
You can take a screenshot of completed docs on your PC, then drag n drop the photo to your droid. Use ‘Mobile OCR’ on your droid to convert the screenshot to text, just like a scanned document for editing. ‘Screenshot’ is available through ‘RKCI MV’ for Windows or download an exe comparable program from the internet to your PC.
As mentioned above, use ‘Scan to PDF’ to scan any document on your droid, edit the photo from your gallery if desired, then use ‘Mobile OCR’ (optical character recognition) on your droid to edit the scanned document by long pressing on the text, copy to clipboard then paste in any editor or office app.
Another common question is, how do I access my ‘SD Card’. Click on your ‘file manager’, scroll down to storage or click on your file manager & click on the ‘up’ button untill your SD card is listed.
* It’s Cross Platform: iPhone to Droid… Microsoft to Android… IBM to Droid… Kinkos Cyber Office (cafe) to Android… And vice versa… Docs, Video, Photos, Audio, Fax, Print, Scan, eMail, IM, Meetings, Conferencing, Collaborating, Blackboard, EDU, Sharing…. You name it… It’s a Droid…
Experts agree that Android mobile devices have come a long way. Android Nexus 7 is a milli-second behind Apples iPhone 5 on speed of apps and user functionality to the point users don’t even notice. The Android is much faster when it comes to Internet speed that it makes you wonder, how could have I put up with the iphones clunker internet speed? ‘Everything King talked about is that ‘speed’ and we have seen droids out perform iPhone especially on Internet speeds at the robots maximum performance stages with applications that King talked about.’
The best advice for droid owners, ‘Read the reviews’ & ‘Heed the Warnings’.
- All applications talked about are free to download on the Google Market.
- Sprint Samsung Google Nexus 7 - Not rooted, Retails for $879 preloaded with mega apps (security above included), games & unlocked at the May Kickoff to Summer Diamond Award Event. $950 through RKing, the rest of the year, along with ‘RKCI MV’ for Windows for $950, at: email@example.com.
- Don’t forget your ‘Otter’ skin.
- Known Issues with Non-Rooted Phones: ‘Phone Number Lookups’ (Must Lookup Numbers on the Internet &/or Manually Add the Information to the Apps Interface. Also Interferes with Incoming & Outgoing Calls). ‘Car Docks’ are through your Carrier or VPN (sprint). If you find a suitable car dock on the Play Store, write: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- For Extended Roaming, try ‘Onavo Extended’ on the Google Market or contact your VPN (sprint). Remember to disconnect the app after you finish travelling.
- Google Voice will fix, Call Blocking & Call Recording. Google Voice also filters Spam Calls or Salesmen Telemarketing Calls.
# All Apps & Data are not shared & intended for one phone or per Droid. Check with your VPN (sprint) for details.
# Need a Dictionary? Try ‘Word Web’ from WordWeb Software. Incredibly fast, intutive and compatible with your PC. You can also find ‘Word Web’ on RKCI MV for Windows.
+ Get yourself hooked up with Diamond Radio 91.1s with R.King: ‘Pandora’ (91.1s with RK, DC & BW). It’s the cheapest radio you will find on droid.
"It’s An Experience We Will Never Forget!" - fans of 91.1s… 1st Song Played by 91.1s in 1952: Elvis Presley’s Hound Dog, 1st Group Played by RKing in New York: Bee Gees, 1st Singer Played by RKing in Hollywood: Bobby Brown, 1st Group/Song Played at Ground Zero: Linkin Park - In The End, 1st Hit of the Post 9/11 Era: Boston’s Foreplay/Longtime, The Top 3 Longest Running Programs on 91.1s: The Holy Bible with Billy Graham, Casey Kasem’s American Top 40 & Billboard’s Top 50 with Roger King. Over 40 people worked at the station untill 2001, There are over 30 ID Wobots made by RKing & voiced by the computer that have been over the air since 2002, There were 12 DJ’s over the air at the stations peak in the 80’s & 90’s in any given week, There were 5 jocks that were over the air at the stations conception in the 50’s and there is one DJ still on the air today at the station, Roger King. The station is all computerized, prerecorded & is just monitored by either Pandora or RKing, depending upon the service, venue, device or appliance. The first song downloaded by King for 91.1s was Don McLean’s American Pie.
For a FREE month at Pandora answer this question at sign up: What are the names of the Morning Jocks that worked at 91.1s? Pick the best answer from the following choices: (a) Roger, (b) Cory, (c) Baron, (d) Mike, (e) Heather, &/or (f) Matt.
** Coming Soon to Android on Google Play: New Casino Games - ‘Stinkin’ Rich’, ‘Hex Breaker’, ‘Lucky Lemming$’, ‘Tomb Raider’ (now on ‘Fortune Room’), ‘Lil’ Red’, ‘Pharoh’s Fortune’, ‘Sex in the City’, & Bally’s ‘Quick Hit’. The slot machines will load on RKing’s Diamond Droid.
** Get Money Pak for your PayPal MC or Prepaid Account !